Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tasty Tuesday Turkey Tetrazinni


I found this recipe in the Bowman Landes Cookbook. Bowman Landes is a company very close to where I grew up in Ohio. They have the absolute best turkey jerky, ever, but I digress.
I'm not going to put the recipe in its entirety on this post, because I don't know if I am breaking some sort of copyright law. If you do want the recipe in its entirety e-mail me or contact Bowman Landes and ask if they still print the cookbook Turkey Treats Entree's and Encores. It is recipe #1. The ingredients are: noodles, cream of mushroom soup, milk, water, Cheddar cheese (I uses smoked Cheddar cheese), turkey, frozen peas & carrots, seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese (I used Pecorino Ramano, a hard sheep cheese similar to Parmesan). I omitted from the recipie parsley and piminto. Basically you make a cheese sauce (I am very excited about this accomplishment as I have never made a cheese sauce that did not involve powdered cheese), add everything but the Parmesan and breadcrumbs, throw it in a baking dish top with the cheese and bread crumbs and bake.
The family reviews were unanimous, everyone thought it was very tasty and I should, and probably will make this dish again.
Fiber Content
There isn't much to report. I am still spinning like mad (in every sense). I am in the process of picking Prizes for the fabulous food for fiber contest. So leave those recipes!!
Holly

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home