Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tasty Tuesday and a contest

The venison gave me courage. So I decided to experiment with beef. My husband bought a huge roast (4 meals worth of meat). I cut into bite sized pieces, and threw it into the pan added a couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce, a dash of ginger and a bit of garlic. I served it with green beans. It was delicious if I do say so myself
Contest...Contest....Contest
My birthday is coming up January 24. So I thought that I would have a contest, stuff for me, stuff for you, it's all good. I threw around some ideas about what to do and this is what I came up with: food for fiber. Leave a comment on this blog entry giving me your favorite recipe, it can be anything from snacks to the main course to dessert, anything. I 'll pick out the three I think sound the tastiest and they will receive fiber (yarn or roving the winner's choice) . The contest closes at midnight on the 22nd. I will announce the winners on the 24th.
Holly

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

My Number Guy's favorite recipe is for something called Cottage Bread.
2¾ c warm water
2 packets yeast
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp shortening
1 Tbsp salt
6-6½ c flour
Proof the yeast with the sugar.
Add half the flour and all of the salt and shortening. Mix.
Add the rest of the flour - gives a paste consistency.
Let rise 30 min.
Split into two greased loaf pans.
Let rise 30 min.
Bka for 50 min in a 375°F oven.
Delicious.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home