Monday, November 06, 2006

Article Review
"the book on knitting" by Joanne Seiff published in Vogue Knitting Holiday 2006
I love to read. I love to knit. I love to read and knit at the same time. That is what this article is all about. Joanne Seiff takes the experiences of professional knitters who read and professional writers who knit and knits them into a colorful scarf of good feelings. She showcases why the combination of reading and knitting are a great combination. In addition to the article there are two insets "books to knit by", a great bibliography of knit heavy books from the Yarn Harlot to the classics, and "Knitting in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series". I loved the article, only one thing bothered me, don't ordinary teachers, nurses, accountants and stay at home parents knit and read? Overall, though, this article was well worth the price of the magazine.

Holly
Knitting

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for such a nice comment! Absolutely, many people knit and read at the same time...I had to limit things. It got a little out of control because there were so many references and good quotes to use. I had a huge article and I edited a lot, and so did the nice editors at VK.

Also, Vogue Knitting asks that writers sign a confidentiality clause in the contract--so alas, I couldn't chat it up on regular knitting listservs... I'm so pleased to hear you liked the article!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home