Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Knitting at work.
Should you or shouldn't you. I've recently started working from home in the evenings grading the writing portion of a standardized test. (Good..get to work in my pajamas. Bad...trying to read really badly scanned, badly written handwriting while 6 year old daughter is running around giggling and screaming wildly.) So it takes about 20 seconds to load each writing sample, after about an hour of waiting, I thought "gee, I could knit a few stitches in that 20 seconds" so I picked up the pink sock and knitted 3, 4, 5 stitches for each sample (actually more because I don't actually have to see what I am knitting so I get in a couple more stitches while I am reading). Now I am feeling slightly guilty if quite productive for knitting on "company time". I am saved by the fact that I know other people knit in meetings or on breaks and if I can't actually do anything for that time that could be considered a mini-break right???
Here's the picture of my almost finished sock.
Now I am off on the class trip to the orchard to freeze off important parts of my anatomy.
Holly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home