Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Perfect Friday Knit Night, Almost
Ok the husband is out, the daughter in bed what is there to do? Relax, of course. At least that is what I did last night. I found the podcast Cast On. Now normally I am not a big fan of listening to other people talk, however I love Cast On. Brenda has a voice that is so comfortable to listen to. She blends stories with music in just the right way. I am hooked. While I was listening to various past episodes I was working on my sample project. I was feeling nice with a fire in the fireplace, listening to Brenda and company read great stories with fabulous music, watching the fair isle pattern come to life beneath my fingers. It was wonderful. So when I realized that I had made a horrible, horrible mistake, it was ok. I know, I know, about gauge. I read the section in Knitting Without Tears on gauge, I understand it. It is just sometimes I don't think that hard and fast rules actually apply to me, and of course, they do. Here is the rule which I declined to aknowlege: smaller yarn=smaller gauge=smaller garment. So, long story short, I ripped out the whole thing, got bigger needles and started a gauge swatch. On the bright side, I will not have a great story to tell my knitting class about why knitting a gauge swatch is so important. Now, I am off to bake Christmas cookies.
Holly

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home