Monday, December 04, 2006

The Second Joy of Christmas
is angels. I've always loved angels, I'm don't really dwell on them, except maybe at Christmas. They are such a part of the Christmas story. First to Zarchariah, then to Mary, Joseph in the dream and finally the shepards. I have collected angel ornaments since I was a little girl. My mom gave me an ornament every year, saying that one day when I left home I would have some nice ornaments to hang on my own tree. What do you know, she was right. Here are three of my favorite ornaments.
Angels are also a part of new tradition that we have started in our family. We participate (through our church) in angel tree. We always get a girl about my daughter's age. This is to remind her (and us) how blessed we are, especially at this time of the year. This also gives me a great excuse to go shopping with my daughter, and spend time with her.
Joy to you in this season.
Holly
Technorati tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home