Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tasty Tuesday
Abigail had a great post last Monday about cooking ahead. This got me to thinking. Actually this is a subject that has been percolating in my brain for some time. This is the thing, I don't love to cook, I like to eat somewhere where I don't have to cook and, more importantly, clean up. However, lately, I have been convicted about eating out. We do it too much. So for economical and health reasons I have put myself back in the kitchen on a more regular basis. There is just one problem: I have a repertoire of 8 recipes, and when my beautiful daughter says "mom are we having spaghetti again?" I know it is time to step out of my comfort zone, gastronomically speaking. So I am instituting Tasty Tuesdays, where I will be trying a new recipe and letting all of you know how it goes. Hey, maybe I'll even try making a button, hmmm. Don't worry these posts won't be entirely fiber-free (the knitting/spinning variety, not the bran variety).

Abigail here is a recipe (one of my 8):
Tater Tot Casserole
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Cheddar cheese
1 bag tater tots
Directions.
Brown ground beef, drain. Mix ground beef and cream of mushroom soup together in casserole dish. Shred as much cheddar cheese on top of mixture as you like. Artfully place tater tots on top of cheese in a single layer. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (or until cheese is bubbly and tater tots are brown).
*sometimes I mix in mushrooms, peas or mixed veggies (either frozen or fresh) with the ground beef.
*This can be made ahead of time and frozen or refrigerated
*Browning the beef ahead of time saves time.
Some actual knitting content:
I am still working on my hat. It is so much fun...but I must..cast..on..knitting...class...sample. I have been so tired of late with all of the cleaning I am doing that simple, no brain involvement knitting, rather than complicated colorwork is more up my alley, but alas and alack I must cast on this sample.
Holly

Technorati tags: ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandie said...

I like the idea of tasty tuesday! Good luck with it and hope the things you try turn out delicious!

And good luck with the knitting class sample. It seems the hardest knitting is that which you have to do (I taught briefly and always procrastinated on my samples!)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Thanks for sharing. Looks yummy:D

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home