Monday, November 20, 2006

Casting on for Charity
In preparation for Knit unto Others I rolled my skein into a ball. A short explaination may be in order: I don't own a swift, this is a very sad thing, but I get along nicely with my child's sized rocking chair. And what a ball it turned out to be (the Barbie is just for scale purposes). I may get three or four hats out of this yarn. I've cast on for the Carrot Top hat from the Knit Hats book. I'm going to use it to swatch from since there is soo much yarn, then maybe make some double knit hats as those are warmer and most desired by the charities I'd like to donate to. (The double knit would also nicely hide the not so great colors of yarn that are of the same type as this, which was orginaly white.)

Happy knitting all

Holly





Technorati tags:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home