Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tasty Tuesday


Now I know that there is someone out there who is looking at this picture and saying to themselves, "this woman is pathetic, she's never made hamburgers and tater tots." Well I have made hamburgers and tater tots and this is not it. This is a picture of a venison burger and tater tots. Recently we purchased a quantity of venison. As I have never worked with this meat before I immediately went to the local library and check out both books on venison (I was impressed that they had 2), Oh Deer, The Venison Cookbook for Beginners, by Cheri Helregel and Venison by Rebecca Gray. There were a lot of good recipes in these books but none for an easy hamburger so I kind of made it up. It is really hard to just squish the meat into patties like hamburger because it is so lean so I added a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce and a hand full of breadcrumbs and it tasted pretty good. It got rave reviews from the family. I have one more food picture: when I put the tater tots on the stone to cook the reminded me of Stonehenge, yea I know I'm a little weird.
Fiber Content
The pink socks are done, woo hoo. As this is my only bit of Christmas knitting that I am doing this year, I feel very good about finishing before Christmas. Now I just have to pack them up with a nice how to care for your handknit socks tag and get them off to their intended recipient.


Holly

Technorati tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home