Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Podcasts...listen while you...whatever

I am addicted, yes, I admit it. I love to listen to podcasts while I knit, spin, do housework, whatever. It gives the brain something to do while the hands are busy with something else. (Sometimes it also provides the bribe for myself to do the housework.) I've been a TV knitter/spinner for quite some time, but the advantage to podcasts over TV is that I can continually look at my work so the chances of dropping a stitch is minimized. Here are all my current favorites, which can be found at i-tunes, which I find the easiest, or on their individual websites listed below. So here it is The List of my favorite podcasts:

Barnes & Noble: Meet the Writers: short interviews with authors about their writing.

[A brief note: There are several podcasts on this list about books and writers. I like learning about other people's creative processes, it inspires me, not just to write but to be creative in general. Hey, I think I've watched the appendices of the The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy at least 50 times, and I have no intention of ever making a movie. And now back to the list]

BritKnitCast: a monthly UK knitting/fiberarts podcast.

Cast On: The Venerable Brenda Dayne combines a great soundtrack with spoken pieces about a variety of knitting related topics. Very much "the knitting magazine for your ears."

Geek.Farm.Life: Two Geeks from the city now living on a farm in rural Indiana. (I lived in Indiana and miss it sometimes.) This is a really informative podcast that defies categorization. Andrew and Misty talk about all things farm-related, including spinning.

Joel Osteen: Positive messages, great Texas Accent

Lime and Violet: Their description is: a podcast for the yarn obsessed, which is true (Ok, yarn pr0n anyone?) it is also one of the funniest, upbeat things I have ever heard, it makes me happy.

NPR Books: Gleanings of NPR shows about books and authors

Sticks and Strings: More knitting, this time from a bloke in Australia. He has great essays and music too.

WGBH Classical Music: Classical musical offerings, great background music!

And that's The List
Holly

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home